Thursday, February 2, 2012

Ann Sorum Interim Program Coordinator of Mt. Carmel





Ann Blom Sorum


Mount Carmel has been a special part of my life since 1973 when I met Sonja Hoffland at Holden Village. She had just met Johan. 13 years later my husband, Jon, and I heard that the Hinderlies were the new directors of Mount Carmel Ministries.  That’s when we decided Mount Carmel would be an integral part of our lives. 

Jon and I served as pastors for congregations in eastern North Dakota, the Twin Cities, southern Minnesota, and six years as missionaries in Slovakia. Each year (except for our stint in Slovakia), we brought our children, Andrea and Eric, to family camp at Mount Carmel. Many summers
my parents, Arnie and Carol Blom, shared the week with us.

Two years ago Jon and I moved to Parkers Prairie, MN, near Mount Carmel, where Jon serves as the
pastor of First Evangelical Lutheran Church. I recently retired as pastor, and in the last year
have enjoyed serving at Mount Carmel in a variety of ways.  Now, as the Interim Adult Program Coordinator, I’ve been working closely with Sonja to line up the 2012 season. We’ve read the 2011 evaluations and are considering your suggestions and ideas.

 http://www.mountcarmelministries.com/images/stories/services/MessengerNewsletter/mtcarmel_wntr_nwsltr_2012.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment