Thursday, February 2, 2012

Mt. Carmel's New Director of College Ministry


Patsy Baglien

When I first heard Eric Selle speak about the new Campus Ministry Community (CMC), I was so excited that I kept the brochure in my Daily Texts with a reminder to pray for Eric, the students and the teachers. Now that Eric has taken a new call to serve as a missionary in Japan with his new wife Haidee,  I am thankful to serve as the Dean of Students. While completing my training with Eric (before he left in November), I have seen what a great opportunity we have to equip these college youth to be leaders for Christ in this century.

I have always had a passion for serving college students. While in college, I served on Youth Encounter weekend teams and on a summer traveling team. I love playing the guitar, writing music and using songs as a way to convey our faith. I also worked in camping ministry even serving as the interim director one winter. My calling after college began as a teacher, then as a youth director, Christian ed leader and finally, after Luther Seminary in 1992, as a parish pastor. As a pastor, I have served either as a solo pastor or a co-pastor with my husband Tim. My advanced training in pastoral counseling has also helped in my ministry to college youth. 

For Mount Carmel’s CMC, I am eager to lead the faith forming experiences of worship, servant leadership and witnessing. By giving our students the vital experience of Christian community in their college years, they will leave here with competency and confidence to serve Jesus Christ in whatever calling He gives to them.

Tim and I have a daughter Rachel and granddaughter, Maliyah, who live in Liberty, MO, the state where I was born and raised. But my heart is with this mission and I am excited to serve the Lord I love in one of the places I dearly love, Mount Carmel, as your new Dean of Students.

No comments:

Post a Comment